Tuesday, March 18, 2008

sicko


I feel great. You know that feeling after you have been sick when you aren't anymore and you just want to run around doing everything you didn't do while you were sick? It's like you are superwoman. Sorta.
Night before last, I started feeling queasy. Then, I got a splitting headache, which I never get and it moved into my shoulders, too. Then I started getting dizzy when I stood up. Gah. And the next day was the first day of spring break. Translation: both kids home all day.
Thea's had a cold for about a week now, and so she wakes up a lot at night. Monday was no exception, and by 5:30 a.m. I was so tired of nursing nursing and nursing that I asked Matt to take her. Sure, he said, put her right here next to me. Not exactly what I had in mind. He finally woke up and took her downstairs so I could sleep for a bit.
The day was a blur of tv for Liam and the couch for me. The only decent thing I did was plant a coin in the Leprechaun trap we set outside earlier in the week. (that's a shell with a little honey in it, for those who don't know, since Leprechauns love honey.)
What was funny was with all that nothingness, Thea was happy as could be. I guess it was one of the few times she got to work it entirely on her schedule - she napped when she needed to, played when she wanted to, and got all the face time she could possibly imagine. We had some great laughing sessions yesterday, and Liam pulled out a whole bunch of new toys for her, several of which she thinks are pretty cool since she can reach for things now, although not with much accuracy. But she's working on it.
She was truly in heaven. Until about 8 p.m. when the belly bubbles caught up with her and she hollered for about an hour before passing out until 3 a.m.
So I got some decent sleep and don't feel queasy or achey or any of it. Only problem is now there are all the things I didn't get to yesterday waiting for me.
Oh, the other milestone yesterday was that I hit the 150s. I know I shouldn't be concerned with my weight right now, but I'm interested to see how far this will go thanks to nursing madness. So now I am officially below my prepregnancy weight. You wouldn't know it from a glance at the ol' belly, but luckily, I live in a non-belly-baring area.

No comments: