Friday, March 7, 2008

6.5 hours sleep

Thea went in for her 2-month visit yesterday, and was inspected all over and found to be alarmingly healthy, as expected. I told myself I would never again fall in the world of crowing about your baby's percentiles, but when I got her stats, I was thrown right back in. She was close to 14 pounds and more than 25 inches long. That puts her into the 95th percentile for weight and 100th percentile for length. Wow. Does that mean that statistically no kids are longer than her at this age? Odd stuff, statistics.
Then, after all that good news, Thea got her first round of shots. She hollered a bit and then fell asleep in shock. The doc said she might be crabby and sleepy for the next couple days. He wasn't kidding. She slept and slept and slept and last night, she went to sleep around 9 and didn't wake until 4:30. I was in shock when she woke me up and it wasn't midnight. Today, she has essentially slept all day, which only a few wake periods. Pretty mellow, actually.
They also gave us a perscription for some medicine for acid reflux, which they think she may have since she likes to sleep sitting up (thus her love of the swinging chair and the car seat.) I haven't filled it yet. I'm going to do some research to see if there is a drug-free way to combat it.
Regardless, it feels like she is mellowing quite a bit, and not just since we knocked her out with immunizations. She only seems to let 'er rip when she is forced into a situation she doens't want to be in - like grocery stores. As crazy as it seems, a baby who cries about something rather than nothing that I can identify is a huge improvement.
So my new dream is that three weeks from now, this craziness will fade into distant memories and I'll get to enjoy more of this interesting little smiley girl I've seen from time to time.
And for now, I'm just happy to have gotten 6.5 hours of sleep.

No comments: