Tuesday, July 15, 2008

S-L-E-E-P



Thea slept through the night four times this week. Finally, all those late-night tears are starting to pay off. She woke last night at 2 and went back to sleep but woke again at 3 and I nursed her. She has a cold, and I was tired by then, so I caved. But she slept from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.- eight glorious hours - all on her own doing four times this week. Oh, the joy.

I keep catching myself willing Thea to learn how to crawl. Part of me, a big part, is ready for her to move on to this next stage so she can entertain herself more readily. I know, I know, I'm crazy, because what she will be entertaining herself with is ever thing that is currently out of bounds. But I pulled out those baby books again and if Liam is any predictor, she's still a month away from crawling. We'll see.

Matt came back from his first assignment on Friday night, fuzzy-faced and exhausted but glad to be home. Liam was so happy to see him, but at the same time, the anxiety he has been expressing about being "left behind" seems to only have gotten worse since Matt's return. Example: I go to take the trash to the trash cans 20 feet from the front door and come back to tears and a panic-stricken boy trying to get his boots on to chase after me. It's obvious that this year's fire season is having an impact in much greater ways than ever before.

Sounds like he will head out again this weekend or so, hopefully back before we go to Victoria and Vancouver, and then out again while we are gone. There is so much to think about, the rental has to get rented, painted, etc. The grass in the yard is getting high and I don't even know if I can get the weed-eater started.... but I try to take it one day at a time and remember that every season passes and a new one comes before you even know what hit you.

No comments: