Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2 lbs, 2 weeks in the house of sick


It is a week since Liam got sick, and today is the first day I've felt he's back to some sort of normal. First there was the fever, then the deep cough that woke him up at night. And by the end of it, there was a bit of stomach problems, too. Enough already! 10,000 glasses of juice, special snacks, movies and tissues later, I'm wiped out.
So after the Week of Sick, we are all ready for Hawaii in a big way. Matt has already started packing things up, and the countdown is on. Hopefully this week will go nice and smoothly and we'll be on that plane in no time.
Meanwhile, Thea has managed (knocking on wood) to avoid this bug, and has continued to stuff her gut 24/7, gaining a confirmed 2 pounds in 2 weeks, topping out at an even 10 pounds. Her cheeks are bigger than ever, and those little legs are filling out nicely. I figure she would have been an 8 or 9-pound baby if she hadn't had issues, and she's now just made up for lost time. A nice side effect of it all is that I am returning to "normal" at record speed, with only 8 pounds extra from my prepregnancy weight. Of course, I went to the gym the other day and tried to do sit ups and could only do about 10 before conking out, but you've got to start somewhere, right? We won't even talk about how bad my legs felt after doing lunges and squats. But it could be a lot worse, and I am thankful, especially with the bathing suit days coming up. Now if I could just get to the tanning parlor a couple times and reduce the dayglo color of my skin a bit, I'd be set.
Thea has gotten quite a bit stronger in the last few days. She can hold her head up pretty well now and is starting to be able to stand on her little legs. We're pretty sure we've gotten a couple genuine smiles out of her, and she's starting to make cooing noises. It's so amazing to see her develop. I can't wait to see what's next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Baby! You look beautiful yourself, baby!!

Love, Suzy