Thursday, March 3, 2011

end of an epic adventure




Well, I'm at the airport waiting for my plane with a highly energetic Thea. Tonight I will sleep with a roof over my head for the first time in nearly a month. What an amazing idea to take this trip, and what an extraordinary adventure to pull it off. We ate a lot of noodles and spent one very wet night shivering, but otherwise, it was the trip of a lifetime. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant time, loved spending the bulk of the visit in Hana rather than the high-paced hotter sections of the island. There is so much to tell, but for now, I'll just say, it was the best. I'm sunkissed and spent and happy and sad to be leaving and eager to come back, now that I know the secret - it can be done. Thea swam in the ocean every day this week, floating by herself in her swim vest. She has brown legs and a big smile. We snuggled by the fire each night. It was lovely to be with just her for a bit and see what that was like.

No comments: